Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Helping Clients Helped Me


We all want to know we have done something that is important for other people. I think back on 22 years of representing people who applied for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits, and I believe I helped many clients. I know that many clients helped me. This is very satisfying.

I helped people by helping them accomplish all they could to assure proof of entitlement to their SSDI benefits and prompt payment. Many thanked me,  which was rare in my previous career as a lawyer.

People I represented helped me by allowing me to be a part of their lives where I could offer them both professional help and encouragement at an extremely stressful time. At times people expressed spiritual needs, and I tried to encourage them from a Christian's perspective.

For many years I was being paid to do something that I came to love. I am thankful.

*****

Also, I am thankful to a good friend for recommending I consider getting into this field. At the time he was a successful lawyer. Now he is a retired former chief judge of a state court of appeals. And still a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment